Ops Challenge Registration
How to Register
Registration for Operations Challenge 2014 begins June 1. Registration forms are available here. Prefer a Word document? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Teams must enter through a Federation Member Association (MA) or recognized Operator Association (OA). All four team members must be WEF Active or PWOD members.
- A maximum of 40 teams will be accepted for the competition.
- Each MA may enter a total number of teams equal to the number of director seats that the MA has in the Federation's House of Delegates (i.e., one or two depending on MA size). Each recognized OA may enter one team only.
- Entries from MAs and OAs will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis until the 40-team maximum is reached between June 1st and July 31st.
- Teams must be composed of no less than two and no more than four members.
- Teams must be composed of the same two to four individuals for all five events.
- Members of a team may come from the same employer or from multiple employers.
- Individual team members must meet the qualifications described below, plus reside within the geographical boundaries of the pathway MA or OA.
- Individual team members will be current WEF members actively employed by a responsible operating wastewater entity or agent. Further they must be actively employed in the operations and maintenance of the collection, treatment, industrial pretreatment, or laboratory facilities provided for them, and in the field on a normal basis.
- The intent is that team members will be those actually involved in wastewater collection, operations, laboratories, industrial pretreatment, or maintenance functions. Individual entrants will be checked for compliance with this intent.
- If at the conclusion of the registration period there are fewer than forty teams signed up, additional “at-large” spots will be available until the forty team maximum is reached. These teams must still be endorsed by their Member Association and meet all other criteria. If the total number of teams requesting at-large slots exceeds the number of available slots determination will be made by random drawing.
If your MA doesn't have a competition and would like to start one contact email@example.com for information. A neighboring MA may have an event you would be able to participate in.